Saturday 30 September 2017

They Both Die At The End - Adam Silvera


Synopsis:

When Mateo receives the dreaded call from Death-Cast, informing him that today will be his last, he doesn't know where to begin. Quiet and shy, Mateo is devastated at the thought of leaving behind his hospitalised father, and his best friend and her baby girl. But he knows that he has to make the most of this day, it's his last chance to get out there and make an impression.

Rufus is busy beating up his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend when he gets the call. Having lost his entire family, Rufus is no stranger to Death-Cast. Not that it makes it any easier. With bridges to mend, the police searching for him and the angry new boyfriend on his tail, it's time to run.

Isolated and scared, the boys reach out to each other, and what follows is a day of living life to the full. Though neither of them had expected that this would involve falling in love...

Another beautiful, heartbreaking and life-affirming book from the brilliant Adam Silvera, author of More Happy Than Not and History Is All You Left Me.


Review:

I actually won a proof copy of this book through twitter I believe it was and I couldn't believe I had actually won it after all of the great things I had heard about it I was just excited to be finally experiencing all that was going to come from the pages.

So the synopsis tell you the first part of the book, both boys are now aware they are in their last day and are both experiencing 2 very different situations once the call ends. Mateo doesn't want to leave the flat, he's analysing all the ways he could die if he did in fact leave the flat but find himself on the app used by those in their last day and those who want to make a persons lasts day the best they can. There after many shots Mateo finds Rufus, to me they both automatically click, I knew instantly both of their days were going to be the best they could be but by this time I was already sobbing so I was just happy they fund each other.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone so ill leave that there but this books takes you on a roller coasted of emotions, both of them are in their last day facing inevitable death butt hats okay because they have each other and are both brining the best out of the other. Thee are moments I've been on edge throughout this book I can safetly say I think I'm permanently emotionally affected by this book. I can't say whether that's a good or bad thing but maybe its both right?

Both characters are amazing, from 2 different ways of life, both very different from the other and totally unique and awesome. There's so much to this story that its hard to put into words. I guess most readers of the book know its theme, it focuses on death sure but I screams of how we must make the best of every day because unlike these 2 characters, we don't know when our time will come and we cant go regretting having not done more so we must take each day as they come and make them the best for ourselves.

I cried so man times throughout this book, I read it in one sitting and I'm never going to be fully over it. The boys in this story are so relatable and well written it breaks my heart to even read the title now. If Adam can write this well which he obviously can, I now want to read his other works, truly a masterpiece and something I will continue to think about for many more days even years to come. I wish I could give this book a 100/100 but I only go up to 5 so its undoubtedly a 5/5 for this and I hope anyone out there will be willing to pick up this book and go on this journey to the end of the line with Rufus and Mateo.

No comments:

Post a Comment