Saturday 18 February 2017

The Academy Introductions (The Ghost Bird #1) - C.L.Stone

18403921


Synopsis:

With an agoraphobic mother and a barely-there father, Sang abhors the isolation keeping her in the shadows. The only thing Sang craves is a fresh start and to be accepted as ordinary by her peers, because for her being different meant being cast out alone.

When her family moves to a new school district, Sang infiltrates a group of boys nearly perfect in every way. Grateful for an influence outside of her parents’ negativity, she quickly bonds with the boys, hoping to blend in and learn from them what it means to have a natural relationship with friends.

Only the boys have secrets of their own and they’ll do anything to keep her safe from the knowledge of the mysterious Academy that they've sworn allegiance to. Bit by bit, Sang discovers that her friends are far from the normalcy she expected. Will her loyalty change when she's forced to remain in the dark, or will she accept that she's traded one house of secrets for another?

Meet Kota, Victor, Silas, Nathan, Gabriel, Luke and North in a story about differences and loyalty, truth and mystery, friendships and heart-throbbing intimacy.

The Academy, ever vigilant.

Review:

So I actually read this book as the first book for the All We Know Book Club that I  created late last year.

Automatically I was drawn into Sang' world, I really fell for all of the characters, like I really felt like they were all genuine and kind and everything we all need in someone nowadays. (I'm jealous don't judge.) For some reason I automatically connected with Sang, she's been taught all of her life that strangers are out to harm you but as she soon discovers, that is wrong for the most part. She first meets Kota who I automatically fell in love with, he seemed like a real gentlemen, much like the rest of friends that Sang later meets.

I know quite a few people had a lot of bad things to say about this book. really it was just them saying the same thing over and over. C.L Stone wrote 'I usually write about cute boys and uncomfortable situations' EVERYONE IN THE MAJORITY OF THE BOOK WERE CUTE! people hated the amount of mushy love sort of things going on but for some really odd reason, I loved it nearly too much, it made me smile and laugh and internally cry. (is my jealousy still showing?)

Throughout the story, there are obvious signs of secrets between the boys that Sang cant know about and it really intrigued me because of how they were acting about it all. In the end we do get a little of information about it, just enough and in time to make you want, or more like need to read the next instalment. Stone definitely created an awing bunch of characters and atmosphere and everything else like as you can probably tell, I'm finding it extremely hard to explain everything. I loved how the story unravelled and how the boys basically cared for Sang, the way her parents should, showing how friendships should go.

I must declare that the book is called introductions and it really is just that! each character is bought in and explored, then just as the end of the book comes, they're all shovelled into the beginning of what I hope to be an good plot that is yet for me to read about? In all honestly I'm not even sure what to expect from any of the next books but I really need them in my life. Trust me this review makes zero sense and I'm sorry for that, but I cant explain the book without ruining the book and I don't want to do that and secondly I'm so addicted that I could actually bounce off every wall right now and third of all I'm in need of a very large chill pill to calm down the tingling of jealousy.

Its a 5 out of 5 for what it was but I crave more, like really, I do. I loved the integrations between characters and see I'm babbling again. but yes 5/5 from me and I cant wait to read more and



No comments:

Post a Comment