Saturday 30 April 2016

Geek Girl Head Over Heels - Holly Smale



Synopsis:

My name is Harriet Manners, and I will always be a geek.”

The fifth book in the bestselling, award-winning GEEK GIRL series.

Harriet Manners knows almost every fact there is.

She knows duck-billed platypuses don’t have stomachs.
She knows that fourteen squirrels were once detained as spies.
She knows only one flag in the world features a building.

And for once, Harriet knows exactly how her life should go. She’s got it ALL planned out. So when love is in the air, Harriet is determined to Make Things Happen!
If only everyone else would stick to the script…

Has GEEK GIRL overstepped the mark, and is following the rules going to break hearts all over again?


Review:

How am I going to manage to get through writing this review without completely losing control of my emotions whilst trying to make sense? I don't even know but ill sort something out.

Where do I begin? well were back here again Geek Girl number 5, Head Over Heels. I got this copy before the release date after being chosen as part of a group of ten people who would review the book, this was thanks to Maximum Pop Books.

The day it arrived I managed to devour 11 chapters within maybe an hour? I'm not sure but then between there and the day I finished it, I actually met Holly at a Feminism in YA panel in Birmingham and had my copy signed and a photo taken of us together (which can be seen on the blogs twitter) She was actually really amazing and I internally freaked out.
But back to the review, I devoured the rest of the book in 5 hours which felt like a very short time in the moment.

So we meet Harriet again, and from the last book she's continuing to mature and now has a small group of friends called JINTH containing Jasper, India, Nat, Toby and Harriet of course. The five of them are the best of friends, and Harriet doesn't want anything to disrupt this, but obviously, something does. She gets a phone call out of the blue from Wilbur who has now started his own modelling agency and wants her to be the face of his company. Harriet is apprehensive, but when she realises just how much Wilbur needs her, she'll do anything, including roping baby Tabitha into modelling too.

Not only does team JINTH play a role throughout this book but also Rin, the lovely, adorable character from Model Misfit who became a friend of Harriet when they met in Tokyo. Although through the past books most of the 'drama' and most of the storyline were carried out in countries, notably Japan, Russia, Marrakesh and America, I was quite surprised that without spoiling in although Harriet does go to India, the majority of the book and the 'drama' was based in the lovely England. Pleasant surprise I say.

I don't want to spoil the book so I think this review is going to be less than normal, but Harriet takes on modelling once again and comes face to face with the truth of friendships. I truly adore this series, even more so now that before which I'm surprised is still possible, unfortunately the next book, number 6 is going to be the last which is incredibly heart breaking but number 5 left me out of control, silently crying as I flopped around squealing like a pig because it was a book I truly enjoyed and the ending was unexpected but very much welcomed and loved and I've now lost composure.

The book is a 5/5 and a must read if you've read any of the other books, you cant stop reading the series before you read this one, I swear. Holly you've done it again my dear, completely blew me away and done it so perfectly, Author Goal was definitely achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment