Saturday 27 February 2016

P.L.E.A.S.E - Adam Que

Synopsis:
P.L.E.A.S.E is a great introduction to the author and what emotionally inspires him to write. Thus the author landscapes the universal language of poetry; and how the power of words, the power of expression, and the power of artistry can connect us all. As well as making us simply feel. Asking that age old question, 'Is poetry and art dying?' Or does a piece of it always live in each and every one of us? 
Review:
When Adam first contacted me about P.L.E.A.S.E I was truly interested about reading it as it would be the first of this type and genre that would feature properly on my blog. I must admit I was happy with how long the book was, it wasn't too much to struggle reading and it wasn't too short to be disappointed with not getting to know more.
As the synopsis says, the book let's us look into the things that emotionally inspires him and also get introduced to him properly.  I really enjoyed getting to know more about Adam and where his inspiration from his work comes from. Not only did I enjoy it but it was very interesting.
There are several works in this book and a selection of them were really able to make me think about myself and reflect on not only current, but also possible future, and past situations that I have experienced. I can say with an ounce of certainty that no matter who you are, a piece or several pieces of Adams work inside of this book will resonate with you.
This made reading the book easy and enjoyable as not only did I feel like I knew something about Adam but I also got to realise through his work that we had things in common or have had experienced similar things.
I given the book a strong 4 out of 5 just for the fact it's not really my genre of work but was still really enjoyable to read and was worth every minute I spent reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment