Saturday 10 October 2015

Geek Girl Picture Perfect - Holly Smale

 

Title: Geek Girl Picture Perfect
Author: Holly Smale
Publication Date: 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Available Editions: Kindle Edition, Paperback, Hardcover, Audio Book.

Synopsis:

“My name is Harriet Manners, and I’ll always be a geek.”
It’s the hilarious third book in the bestselling award-winning GEEK GIRL series!
Harriet Manners knows more facts than most.
She knows that New York is the most populous city in the United States.
She knows that its official motto is ‘Ever Upward’.
She knows that one in thirty-eight people living in the US lives there.
But she knows nothing whatsoever about modelling in the Big Apple and how her family will cope with life stateside. Or ‘becoming a brand’ as the models in New York say. And even more importantly, what to do when the big romantic gestures aren’t coming your way from your boyfriend…
Does geek girl go too far this time?
The laugh out loud follow-up to award-winning debut GEEK GIRL and MODEL MISFIT will have you in stitches!


Review:
So were here again. Another Geek Girl book and another fabulous read at that. This series has given me so many moments of pure feeling I'm beginning to think I was numb before I read these books. Geek Girl Picture Perfect is the 3rd instalment of the Geek Girl series by the wonderful Holly Smale. I love how the books really connect to each other and to the readers, to me I'm pretty hooked on them, like without them I cant function. Luckily though I get by.

Harriet is 15 years old and a Model, she's excited to end one chapter of her life and open the door to an amazing future. She's close to beginning sixth form and to turning 16, and she truly cannot wait. Her future depends on her grades from her exams but there is never any doubt if you know how intelligent she really is. Suddenly her plans are all ruined, leaving her feeling well... Un Harriet like.
Nick is still the Australian curly haired god that I can imagine him being, he's so caring it hurts me, like it gets me right in the feels. It was great to see more of Fleur, for some reason I just really enjoyed having her around. Cal seemed to not click with me, like his character was great but I had a bad vibe as soon as he came into the story so I was always weary of him.

I have to admit I got through the book within a day and I enjoyed every moment. Its really great to be witnessing Harriet growing up and experiencing different things and going on journeys in life that most of us have been on.

I cant make this review too long without adding in any spoilers and well, I like to keep things spoiler free but this book is definitely getting a 5 out of 5 from me, it was thoroughly enjoyable and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet but had started the Geek Girl Series.







No comments:

Post a Comment