Monday 27 July 2015

The Heartbreakers - Ali Novak

Title: The Heartbreakers
Author: Ali Novak
Publisher: SOURCEBOOKS Fire
Publication Date: 1st August 2015
Available Editions: Paperback and for review, Ebook.


Netgalley Synopsis:

"When I met Oliver Perry, I had no clue he was the lead singer for The Heartbreakers. And he had no idea that I was the only girl in the world who hated his music."

Stella will do anything for her sick sister, Cara—even stand in line for an autographed Heartbreakers CD…for four hours. She’s totally winning best birthday gift this year. At least she met a cute boy with soft brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes while getting her caffeine fix. Too bad she’ll never see him again.

Except, Stella’s life has suddenly turned into a cheesy love song. Because Starbucks Boy is Oliver Perry – lead singer for the Heartbreakers. And even after she calls his music crap, Oliver still gives Stella his phone number. And whispers quotes from her favourite Disney movie in her ear. OMG, what is her life?

But how can Stella even think about being with Oliver – dating and laughing and pulling pranks with the band – when her sister could be dying of cancer?

Ali Novak wrote her debut novel My Life with the Walter Boys when she was just 15 years old, and has since penned her next book, The Heartbreakers. First a hit on the online community Wattpad, her second novel has over 38 million reads and is loved by readers around the world.



Review:

this book caught my attention as I scrolled through the YA section of Netgalley. It caught my eye because of the description, I'm not quite sure why it caught my attention, it was just one of those 'this this sounds quite interesting' things, but I went ahead and requested for the right to read the book for a review, thankfully I got an email to say I had the right to read for review and I soon got down to reading it. It took me around 6 or 7 hours to read the book in total, event though it usually only take me half of that I had to keep re reading parts just in case I missed anything.


There were so many great parts to the book, I'm not even sure where to start. To keep this section short I had to pick the following three. The story had a great progression rate like the story never lingered on a day for half of the book, but just around enough time so that you were hooked on the book. There were equal amounts of time spent on each 'factor' of the main characters life so that one factor wasn't bought up and never shown again. The character number was small enough to keep track of each of them but not too high to get confused with who was who.

Keeping with the topic of The characters, the book is mainly focussed on the unfolding life of Stella, one of the 17 year old triplets alongside her bother Drew and ill sister Cara.  They story also focuses on the 4 members of a boy band called The Heartbreakers. Both groups of characters paths soon intertwined and begun a somewhat cheesy yet lovely story. Stella is a character who has moments of humour and up front truth, much like her, her sister is always up front and supportive of her siblings and a huge fan of the Heartbreakers, which many readers can relate too when it comes to bands and other things. Drew is the only boy of the triplets and is protective of his sisters and always supportive. Oliver is the lead singer of the boy band and the more spoken of character in the book, there are also other characters like JJ and Xander who happen to be other members of the band but their parts in the story but the story is focused mainly on Cara, Oliver and Stella.

Each characters has a part in the book but to keep the story on track they were very short but frequent so that we knew they were still somewhat important in the stories progression.


Much like other times, I read this book page after page, very few breaks and all in one, I was so hooked on where the story could go I couldn't put the book down. I had no problems with any part of the book, not miss understanding or confusion it was a great read and I'm so thankful for getting the right to read for review and I'm looking forward to more book from Ali Novak in the future.

I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 and I highly recommend this book to anyone who is really into YA and somewhat cheesy love, any fellow book blogger reading this, I suggest you request this book to be read for review if you are into this sort of thing and fit the requirements for acceptance.











No comments:

Post a Comment