Monday 5 January 2015

Hells Horizon by Darren Shan

Hell's Horizon is in fact the 2nd book of The City trilogy. Much like Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher, I haven't read the book that came before. I did however pick this book up from a store close to my sixth form while they were having a sale. This book could sell for £13 or in the range of £5-£8 but I was able to add it to my library for just 59p and what a buy it was.
Al Jeery is a loyal member of his personal guard but is relieved from his duties to investigate a murder. Al isn't a trained investigator but with time he gets the hang of it and just before he finds  the killer, another murder investigation makes its way to him on a even more personal level.
Along the way Al goes through hell and somehow made it through. I'd be reading the book all happy something I wished to happen was soon going to, only to find a shock in its place.
Darren Shan could easily of drowned us in swear words, but there was never any irrelevant use of bad language or an overkill.
For a book like this I can't go into extreme detail without ruining the whole book. However what I can say is, Al Jeery finds out secrets of the city and his past and I'm deffinetly going to try and get a hold of the first and third and final book.
I recommend no one under the age of 14 should read this book, anyone with a detective brain should read this and see if they can catch the kilĺer/s before Al does.

No comments:

Post a Comment